When is McLaughlin Garden open? Can I bring my dog? Do you have food available? Is there an onsite cafe?
- The Garden grounds are open to visitors Tuesdays through Sundays from dawn until dusk, Mother’s Day weekend until November 1.
- The Barn and Garden Gift Shop are open Tuesdays through Sundays from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
- While the Garden grounds close on November 1, The Garden Gift Shop remains open from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Tuesdays through Sundays through December 23.
Our barn space is available for rent for small gatherings of up to 60 people. The rental fee includes the private use of the indoor barn space, tables, and chairs. We strongly suggest you visit the space first to make sure it will suit your needs. Renters are responsible for the complete setup and clean-up of the event. Overtime events are subject to additional charges.
A McLaughlin staff member will always be available for questions or issues during an event. Please email us for more details regarding space rental.
Rate Schedule: $250 per hour, $50 for tablecloth rental, $100 trash removal fee.
Coffee and tea are available for purchase in our tearoom. Picnic lunches are welcome. Please note that alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
We have enough cute furry friends from the forest around the property, so unfortunately, no pets are allowed at the Garden & Homestead. Pets are welcome to sniff and stretch their legs in the parking area, but we ask that you please clean up after your pet (bag and carry out).
Guests with canine Service Animals are permitted access to all public spaces at the McLaughlin Garden & Homestead if the animal is in an approved harness and control is maintained through voice, signal, or other effective approved methods. This policy is in accordance with the guidelines set by the AMA and the Maine Attorney General.
Visitors to the McLaughlin Garden and Homestead are encouraged to take photographs for personal, non-commercial use. Please visit our complete photography policy by clicking here.
We thank you for following our garden etiquette during your visit for the safety and enjoyment of all guests. We reserve the right to remove any individuals who act in violation of our policies and guidelines.
- Smoking or vaping is prohibited throughout the Garden.
- No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Please be respectful of our gardens and spaces – walk only on paths or lawns, and leave all plants undisturbed. Tripods, strollers, and other equipment must be kept out of garden beds.
The Garden has a very small staff and will post any employment opportunities online and on our Facebook page. You can also contact the McLaughlin Garden staff by email.
Send us an email with your question about McLaughlin Garden and Homestead; we will get back to you soon.