Dig in the dirt! Nurture our flowers! Work with our gardeners to learn practical gardening tips and tricks and meet others working in our gift shop.
When you volunteer, you become an essential part of the Garden and are key to the success of our visitor experience. We welcome volunteers of all ages and abilities and encourage you to contact us to find out more volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers help in many ways, depending on interests and skill. Volunteers who spend 20 hours or more at the Garden earn a volunteer membership, which includes all member benefits.
- Increase your horticultural knowledge and gardening skills.
- Make new friends and meet people with similar interests.
- Discover new interests and abilities.
- Help to plan and run events.
- Participate in one of the most popular visitor destinations in Western Maine.
- Enrich your life, have fun, and get your hands dirty.
- Welcome visitors to the Garden.
- Plant, weed, water, and prune.
- Assist customers in the gift shop.
- Assist staff with office work.
- Work on special events.
- Help with educational programs.
- Assist with social media promotion and marketing.